UPDATED: May, 2017
The Oxon Run Trail runs through a District owned park in a central open space area within Southeast D.C. with miles of disconnected existing trails in degraded condition. The purpose of this project is to improve access within Oxon Run Park and the non-motorized network connections to surrounding destinations by rehabilitating the existing trail, as well as extending the trail network. Project scope also includes improving water quality and reducing stormwater runoff.
The project limit is from South Capitol Street, S.E. to 13th Street, S.E.
- Improve bicycle and pedestrian paths
- Extend trail network to better connect the community and surrounding area
- Improve landscape
- New benches, tables and bicycle racks
- New trail and street lighting
- Integrate green infrastructure and Low Impact Development (LID) structures
- Construct ADA compliant sidewalks and ramps
Construction started in mid-October, 2016 and is expected to continue until the end of October, 2017.
Click on the links below to download the construction plans.